Tara focuses her practice on defending physicians, health care providers, and other professionals in civil liability claims. Prior to joining the firm, she gained extensive experience litigating a variety of civil liability and professional negligence claims while practicing with a large statewide defense firm.
As a native of Kentucky, Tara graduated from the Honors Program magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor in Business from the University of Kentucky. She went on to earn her Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where she served as a mentor to elementary school students and as a Teaching Assistant for the first-year Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy courses. As a member of the Florida Moot Court team, she served as the Publicity Chair, and in addition, was actively involved in the Association of Law & Business throughout law school.
Outside of the office, Tara enjoys spending time with her husband and two sons, traveling when possible, and staying active.
- University of Kentucky, B.A. 2008
- University of Florida, J.D. 2011
- The Florida Bar, admitted 2011
- Kentucky Bar Association, admitted 2012
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Orange County Bar Association
- Junior League of Greater Orlando (2013-2014)
- Junior League of the Palm Beaches (2012-2013)
- Flaxman v. Gov’t Employees Ins. Co. Case Brief, The Florida Bar Business Law Journal: Case Law Update (2009)
- Civil Litigation
- Dental Malpractice Defense
- General Liability
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Premises Liability