Tara focuses her practice on construction litigation, premises liability, and defending physicians, health care providers, architects and other professionals in civil liability claims. Prior to joining the firm, she gained extensive experience litigating a variety of civil liability and professional negligence claims while practicing with a large statewide defense firm.
As a native of Kentucky, Tara graduated from the University of Kentucky Honors Program magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor in Business. She went on to earn her Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where she served as a mentor to elementary school students and as a Teaching Assistant for the first-year Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy courses. As a member of the Florida Moot Court team, she served as the Publicity Chair, and in addition, was actively involved in the Association of Law & Business.
Outside the office, Tara enjoys spending time with her family and volunteering in her children’s school when possible.
- University of Kentucky, B.A. 2008
- University of Florida, J.D. 2011
- The Florida Bar, admitted 2011
- Kentucky Bar Association, admitted 2012
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Orange County Bar Association
- Junior League of Greater Orlando (2013-2014)
- Junior League of the Palm Beaches (2012-2013)
- Flaxman v. Gov’t Employees Ins. Co. Case Brief, The Florida Bar Business Law Journal: Case Law Update (2009)
- Civil Litigation
- Dental Malpractice Defense
- General Liability
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Construction Litigation
- Sexual Abuse